147th Street Signal
The work consists of the design of a 4-way traffic signal at the intersection of 147th Street S.E. and 179th Avenue. S.E. to include minor roadway changes as necessary. The proposed improvements include: necessary surveying, widening of the northwest corner of the intersection to allow adequate turning radius for the large truck design vehicle, and design of ADA ramps.
February 28, 2021
Consultant was issued Notice To Proceed (NTP) on 2-2-2021. Surveying and a geotechnical evaluation have been ordered by the Consultant.
January 28, 2021
City Council awarded design contract on 1-12-2021. Consultant has obtained City business license and is waiting for Certificate of Insurance before starting work.
City engineering staff has completed negotiations and a request for approval will be submitted to City Council 1-12-2021.
City engineering staff are negotiating a design services contract with consulting firm Transpo Group.
City engineering staff are negotiating a design services contract with a consulting firm. The City received a grant award notice from the Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC), which will provide construction funding in the amount not to exceed $665,000. These federal funds are targeted for construction year 2024.
City is reviewing Statements of Qualifications from 8 Design Consultants. A selection is anticipated to be made by mid October.
Addendum for 2014 Peak Hour traffic count, listed above advertisement below.
August 28, 2020
Advertised for Consultant to submit Request for Qualifications (RFQ) due by 9/18/2020. Interviews anticipated the week of 9/22/2020. To view the solicitation, go to Requests for Proposals and Bids
Published Request for Qualifications
CITY OF MONROE NOTICE TO CONSULTANTS FOR
CIVIL AND TRAFFIC SIGNAL DESIGN SERVICES
147TH STREET SIGNAL
The City of Monroe is soliciting interest from consulting firms with expertise in Civil and Traffic Signal Design for the 147th Street Signal project. This agreement is expected to be awarded in November and will be for approximately 6 months in duration with the option for the City of Monroe to extend it for additional time and money if necessary and/or construction review assistance. A Federal Grant has been obtained to help pay for this project. Compliance with Federal requirements must be observed.
The City of Monroe reserves the right to amend terms of this “Request for Qualifications” (RFQ), to circulate various addenda, or to withdraw the RFQ at any time, regardless of how much time and effort consultants have spent on their responses.
Consultants will be considered for the following project:
The work to be performed by the CONSULTANT consists of preparing complete engineering Plans, Specification and Estimate (PSE) for the design of a 4-way traffic signal at the intersection of 147th Street S.E. and 179th Avenue. S.E. to include minor roadway changes as necessary. The proposed improvements include: necessary surveying, widening of the northwest corner of the intersection to allow adequate turning radius for the large truck design vehicle, and design of ADA ramps. Comply with all applicable FHWA design forms to include those necessary for a successful Project Management Review (PMR) and all other work necessitated for FHWA compliance. This project has a 0% UDBE goal. The major features of the project are as follows:
- Conduct topographic survey of the site as necessary for a complete design.
- Design 4-way signal (three road segments and one driveway entrance).
- Stormwater design and mitigation in accordance with Ecology’s 2012 SWMMWW updated in 2014.
- Design of a dedicated left turn lane from 147th to 179th northbound.
- Determination of R/W - TCE needs and R/W acquisition areas.
- Coordination with City’s ROW agent to prepare exhibits and legal descriptions.
- Coordination with utilities and property owners.
- Prepare for and attend one public outreach event.
- Meeting requirements for the use of federal funds including cost tracking, reviews and project audits.
City of Monroe reserves the right to retain the services of the successful firm(s) for Construction Management and PMR assistance associated with this project.
ANTICIPATED SELECTION TIME LINE:
Award Day Zero
30% design to City 8 weeks After Award (AA)
60% design to City 14 weeks AA
100% design to City 20 weeks AA
Final PS&E 26 weeks
Timeline assumes City will provide comments to Consultant 2 weeks after receipt of review drawings.
Submittals will be evaluated and ranked based on the following criteria:
- Qualifications/Expertise of Proposed Project Manager and Key Personnel.
- Ability to meet design schedule and timeline.
- Firms approach to project design.
- Familiarity and Past Performance with WSDOT/LAG/FHWA standards.
- Past Performance/References of projects with a similar scope to this project.
- List of proposed sub-consultants and their expertise.
At a minimum your response to this request for proposal must include the following:
- Firm name, contact information
- Name of Principal-in-Charge and Project Manager
- Number and Qualification’s/Expertise experience of employees proposed to the project
- Firms expertise in civil design
- Knowledge/experience with WSDOT/FHWA Standards/LAG Manual/PMR
- References with description of projects similar to this one
- List of proposed sub-consultants and their expertise, if required?
- Firms approach to project to maintain timeline/schedule?
- Be limited to 10 single sided (8 ½ x 11) sheets of paper, not including the cover letter or resumes.
Submittals are due no later than 2:00pm on September 18 2020 with interviews scheduled for the week of September 22, 2020. Submittals will not be accepted after that time and date. Submittals may be e-mailed to Jammi Guion at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (360) 863-4542 for appointment to deliver to the front door. Any questions regarding this project should be directed to: Jammi Guion, email@example.com .
For hand delivery, submit FOUR (4) copies of your Statement of Qualifications to:
City of Monroe
Attn: Jammi Guion
806 West Main Street
Monroe, WA 98272
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
The City of Monroe in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all of its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing Jammi Guion, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling collect (360) 863-4514.
Title VI Statement
The City of Monroe in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such ACT, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration for an award.
Published: Daily Journal of Commerce: August 28, 2020 and September 4, 2020
The Everett Herald: August 28, 2020 and September 4, 2020
City of Monroe Website: https://monroewa.gov/969/147th-Street-Signal
All Consultants interested in this RFQ must go to the following site to register to receive any addendums to this ad: https://monroewa.gov/bids