In accordance with Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-28 issued March 24, 2020 regarding Public Disclosure Requests:
- All in-person records request submission/records inspection/copying of records has been suspended.
- All currently scheduled inspection appointments will be cancelled or postponed.
- Electronic production of records is strongly encouraged; and staff will work with requestors accordingly.
- Payment for fees related to records requests can be made by check or money order either by mail or drop box at Monroe City Hall, 806 West Main Street, Monroe, WA 98272 or Monroe Police Department, 818 West Main Street, Monroe, WA 98272.
- If requestors do not have the ability to pay by check/money order, please contact City Hall at 360-794-7400 or Police Records at 360-794-6300 (email: email@example.com) to make arrangements for payment by credit card.
These guidelines are in place until Governor Inslee lifts the Emergency Order regarding COVID or rescinds Proclamation 20-28, whichever happens first.
Requesting Public Records
SUBMIT ONLINE: Submit your records request here!Please visit the City's Open Public Records Portal to make your request -- CLICK HERE to enter the portal and submit your request for public records through NextRequest!
It is the goal of the City Council to provide the citizens of Monroe with an effective and accountable municipal government. To reach this goal, the City of Monroe is dedicated to providing citizens with access to public records in an efficient manner while still fulfilling legal requirements.
Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a response within five business days. If the public records you requested are readily available, you may receive the requested material at that time. If your request is more complex or possibly contains confidential information, you will be informed of when your request will be available. See RCW 42.56, Public Records Act for more information.
Please email/call the appropriate office for questions only; submit requests for public records through the NextRequest Portal (link above).
For Police Department Record Questions:
Monroe Police Department
Police Records Division
818 West Main Street
Monroe, WA 98272
For City Hall Record Questions (non-police):
City Clerk's Office
806 West Main Street
Monroe, WA 98272