Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Review grant applications and make recommendations to City Council regarding allocation of local lodging tax funds
- Review and comment on any proposed imposition of lodging tax, increase in the rate of lodging tax, repeal of an exemption from lodging tax, or change in the use of revenue received from lodging tax
The committee is comprised of:
- The mayor who serves as chairman
- Two representatives of businesses required to collect lodging tax
- Two representatives involved in activities eligible for funding by lodging tax revenue
- Staff Liaison (non-voting member)
The Monroe Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Members are currently:
- Geoffrey Thomas, Mayor - City of Monroe
- Doug Hobbs - High Road Promotions
- Mike Buse - Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Elmer Kim, General Manager - Evergreen Inn & Suites
2020 Lodging Tax Funding Application Process Now Closed
Beginning July 1, 2019, the City of Monroe’s Lodging Tax Advisory Committee will begin accepting applications for 2020 Lodging Tax Funding to cover the period January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Applications will be due by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at the City Hall, located at 806 W Main Street in Monroe. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Priority consideration will be given to applications that feature events scheduled from November through April of each year and that promote tourism activities during November through April of each year. To be considered for funding, the request must be used for one of the following reasons (RCW 67.28.1816):
- Tourism marketing;
- Marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourist;
- Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofit organizations as defined by the IRC 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6).
Definitions regarding tourism and operations may be found on page one of the 2020 application packet. Multiple applications will be accepted from the same applicant, however, each funding request must be submitted on a separate application.
Applicants/applications that comply with the legal requirements for lodging tax funding will be notified and invited to make a presentation to the Lodging Tax Advisory Board on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. at the Monroe City Hall.
The 2020 Lodging Tax Application process is now closed. The City received 15 applications for lodging tax funds.
Completed applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, 2019. For further information or questions, contact Becky Hasart at 360-863-4518 or email@example.com.
- As called, usually in the fall
- Council Chambers
- Fiscal Year 2020 Lodging Tax Funding and Application Timeline