- Boards & Commissions
- Park Board
The Park Board regularly meets on the third Thursday each month at 7:00 p.m.
Meetings are held in hybrid format: in-person in Council Chambers at City Hall, 806 W. Main Street and virtually via Zoom meeting platform.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available upon adoption.
For Agendas and Minutes since January 1, 2021, please visit the City's new Agenda Center.
For Agendas and Minutes prior to January 1, 2021, please visit the Agendas & Minutes Archive.
This Board advises the City Council on the management, supervision, improvement, and budgeting for parks and recreation facilities and programs. The Board reviews the comprehensive park and recreation plan, assists with new park sites, and advises the City Council on capital projects in city parks.
The Park Board consists of seven members. The members at large shall be of recognized fitness for such position and shall reside within the limits of the city of Monroe, except the mayor may appoint, with consent of the City Council, one board member from the City of Monroe’s urban growth area to fill a vacant position. The board meets every third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
The Mayor with the consent of the City Council shall appoint the members at large. The Mayor shall confer with the planning commission and Monroe school district to select a representative from each organization. The Mayor shall appoint one member from each organization, with the consent of the City Council. The term of office for each appointed board member shall be four years except that the term of members from the planning commission and Monroe school district shall be for two years.
|Position No.||Board Member||Term Expires|
|Position 1||Amy Martin||December 31, 2025|
|Position 2||Jessie Robinson||December 31, 2024|
|Position 3||Keith Dahlenburg||December 31, 2023|
|Position 4||Brady Welever||December 31, 2026|
|Position 5||Ron Petrick||December 31, 2026|
|Position 6||Mariana Medina||December 31, 2025|
|Position 7||Scot Noel||December 31, 2025|
- Review on an annual basis the comprehensive park and recreation plan and suggest amendments, if appropriate, to the City Council.
- Work with the planning commission in reviewing the needs and locations of park sites.
- Continually assess the city park and recreation facilities, programs, needs and costs and make recommendations to the city council for the care, management, supervision, improvement and budgeting for parks, recreational facilities and programs.
- Advise the City Council on annual budget needs for the parks department.
- Advise the council on the personnel needs of the maintenance and operation of the park system.
- Advise the city council on capital expenditures program for the park department, including planning, acquisition, construction, development, maintenance and operation; including restrictions on concessions or privileges in parks and play and recreation grounds and other municipally owned recreation facilities.
- The park and recreation board, when requested by the City Council, shall consider, investigate, make findings, report and recommend upon any special matter or question concerning trees in the City coming within the scope of its work.
- The park and recreation board may remove, or cause or order to be removed, any tree or part thereof which is in an unsafe condition or which by reason of its nature is injurious to sewers, electric power lines, gas lines, water lines, or other public improvements, or is affected with any injurious fungus, insect or other pest.