MONROE – August 29, 2012: Officers from the Monroe Police Department and Fire District 3 responded to seven dumpster/garbage can fires that occurred in the City of Monroe overnight. The first report came in at 01:52 am. The departments continued to respond to six more fires that occurred over the next hour. The last fire was called in at 03:07 am. The location of the fires in the order the call was received:
• 01:42 am - 500 block W Main Street
• 02:05 am - 600 block of Roberts Street
• 02:09 am - 1408 W Main Street – Park Place Middle School (dumpster fire)
• 02:30 am - 400 Block Park Street
• 02:40 am - 233 Sky River Parkway – Sky Valley Food Bank (dumpster fire)
• 03:02 am - 100 block E Main Street
• 03:07 am - 100 block W Main Street
A vehicle was damaged in the first fire and minor property damage in some of the other fires. There were no reported injuries. Officers are continuing the investigation of these arson fires. There are no suspects or arrests at this time.
Anyone with information regarding these fires is asked to contact the Monroe Police Department at 360-794-6300. Anonymous information may be left on the Department’s tip line at 360-863-4600.