Utility Billing


We've recently upgraded our system www.monroewa.gov/pay to use a new payment processor. As part of this upgrade, you will need to delete any saved payment method(s) you may have and add a new one. Note that you will also have to re-enroll in autopay if you were previously enrolled using your preferred payment method. Your payment information remains safe and secure through this upgrade.

To re-enter your saved payment method(s):

From the My Profile tab, first delete your existing payment methods by clicking "Remove" next to the payment method. If this action prompts any pop-ups, click "OK" to proceed to the next step.

While still on the My Profile tab:

  1. Click "Add a new payment method". When replacing a saved payment method, be sure to change the description field of the payment method(ex: "ABC BANK CREDIT CARD") to a description you have NOT used in the past. Using the same description will cause an error and your payment profile will not be updated appropriately.
  2. Enter the details for the new payment method you would like to use as usual.
  3. To re-enroll in auto pay, under Options select the box "Use this payment method to enroll in Auto Pay."
  4. Then click "Add payment method to this customer" to save your new payment method.
  5. To confirm that you have added a new payment method correctly, go to the My Profile tab and confirm that it is listed in "Your Saved Payment Methods". If you signed up for auto pay, please confirm that you are still on auto pay as noted under "Your Accounts" section of the My Profile tab.

If you do not see your newly added payment method, repeat the steps above.

Do you need help paying your utility bill? The following organizations may be able to help:

  • Salvation Army 425-259-8129fall colors
  • Sky Valley Food Bank 360-794-7959
  • St. Vincent DePaul 425-355-3504
  • Take the Next Step 360-794-1022
  • Volunteers of America 360-793-2400
  • Cascade Community Church: 206-486-2681
  • Volunteers of America: 360-793-2400
  • New Hope Fellowship: 360-618-2310
  • Snohomish County Low Income Water Assistance Program: Hours for client interviews are Monday thru Thursday from 9:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. & 1 to 3:30 P.M at 425-388-3880. Or apply online: Energy Assistance | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website (snohomishcountywa.gov)

Additional Resources 


UnSplash photo cr adrian

Residential Monthly Water Utility Base Rate (Per 3/4 " Meter), up to 400 cubic feet (CF): 

In City $27.25 / Outside City $40.88  

Water Consumption Charge for Each 100 CF over 400: In City $7.76 / Outside City $11.64                     

Residential Monthly Sewer Utility Flat Rates

In City $92.15 / Outside City $138.23

Residential Monthly Storm Water Utility Flat Rate

In City only: $19.22  

Rate Schedule (PDF)

Miscellaneous Rates

Late Fee: 10%, $5 minimum

Return Check Fee: $30.00

Water Shut-Off Processing Fee: $75.00

Set-up Admin. Fee (One-time): $15.00

Utility Tax DisclosureGarbage service is mandatory within City Limits and is provided by Republic Services. You can contact them at 1-800-942-5965. 

Check out the 2022 Utility Rate Comparison (PDF) if you are curious how the City of Monroe’s water and sewer rates compare.