Residential Parking Zones
Residential Parking Zones
Curb space is part of the public street system, a public good available for all people to use. To restrict the use of curb space for some requires a compelling reason. The Residential Parking Zone Program was created to balance the needs of businesses and residents in the downtown area.
The Residential Parking Zone helps residents in the downtown deal with the parking restrictions in that area from which vehicles displaying a valid Residential Parking Zone permit are exempt.
- Each residence located on Main Street between Madison Street and Ferry Avenue is eligible for up to two vehicle specific permits; vehicles must be registered to the Residential Parking Zone eligible address.
- The first permit is available free of charge and the second permit is $30.00.
- The permit expires at 11:59:59 PM on December 31 of the permit year.
First time Applicants must have:
- A completed application form
- Current proof of residency showing your name and address, dated within the last 30 days. This can be a bill, bank statement, paycheck stub, a letter from your previous address that has been forwarded to your new address and has the yellow sticker from the post office showing a date and your new address, lease or rental agreement (leases and rental agreements will only be considered if signed within the past 30 days. Unsigned or electronic leases will not be considered current proof of residency), or any properly dated business type mail (undated “junk” mail or mail addressed to “resident” is not proof of residency) other than mail from our office.
- A copy of your current Washington State Vehicle Registration. Your vehicle must be registered with the Washington State Department of Licensing (WA DOL) in your name and at your address. Titles, temporary registrations and bills of sale are not accepted. Out-of-state registration is accepted only for active duty military personnel providing proof of their status, or out-of-state students providing proof of non-resident status. You can change your address online. If your name does not appear on the vehicle registration, you may not qualify to receive a decal for your vehicle.
- Check or Money Order (for second permit) , made out to the City of Monroe. If applying in person, we also accept cash, Visa and MasterCard.
Mail application and materials to:
City of Monroe
Residential Parking Permits
806 W Main Street
Monroe WA 98272
Please allow 7 to 10 days for us to process your order and for return mail.
If you want to visit us in person:
We are available to assist you Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. You can submit your application materials in person, and upon validation, staff will provide you with a permit.